Monday, December 22, 2008

of this year....

It feels like I just blogged 2 days ago….and now it’s freaking DECEMBER already?? I always wonder how some of you manage to update your blogs almost on a daily basis. It’s either….

1) I really lack creative writing skills
2) I am just plain lazy
3) My life is just too bloody boring

I think I am a bit of all of the above. * sigh * Kesiannye….

So, again comes the end of the year and this is the customary “how did the year go” shit, I guess. Someone told me recently that it doesn’t really matter how most of the year went by, what stays in your memory is how the year ended. In a way I find that true as we do tend to reflect on our lives a little bit more coming to the end of the year (I wonder why??). Anyway I give example ok?

Example 1:
Say you have been trying to lose weight and for the past 10 months you have lost 6 kgs but in December after stuffing your face with many pre X’mas turkeys you find yourself putting on 3 kgs in 3 weeks. Do you remember the 6 kgs or the 3kgs? What would you more likely do – be happy that you’ve at least lost 3 kgs in a year or hate yourself for putting on that 3 kgs?

Example 2:
You’ve been single for 11.5 months and suddenly 2 days before X’mas you meet the boy/girl of your dreams. Will you remember 2008 as the year you spent 11.5 months at home on weekends or do you happily tell yourself that it was a good year afterall? If the boy/girl of your dreams came a week later (i.e. 2009) you would still have written off 2008 as a bad year and 2009 as a “good start” for many things good.

Example 3:
You lost your job, your car got stolen, your shoes got chewed on by your dog, your cat runs away etc etc … but on the 29th December you strike 1 million in lottery. You decide – good or bad year??

I could go on and on but I think you get the drift! So anyway, if I have to rate this year based on what’s happening towards the end of my year I must say I’ve had a super awesome 2008 and I’m looking forward to how things unfold in 2009. :-)

No comments: