Tuesday, June 10, 2008

RIP sparkle baby

I dreaded coming home today. I cried all the way home as I was driving ..... I came home to an urn with Sparkle's ashes. It came in a little basket, the urn in the middle with fresh flowers surrounding the urn and a photo frame meant for his photo. He was cremated yesterday at a pet crematorium.

I held on to Scruffy as I cried. I know she misses him too...it's going to be so different without him.

I felt a tremendous wave of guilt today when I saw his urn. I thought about all the things I could have done better for him. I could have taken him for more walks. I could have taken him to a few more doctors to try see if they could have cured him. I could have spent a little more time with him the last weekend instead of being so stressed about work. I could have talked to him. I could have spent some time scratching his ears. I could have bought him more toys. So many things I wished I could do now, but will never have the chance again.

I will never hear him bark again, never hear him belch, never see him jumping for food, never see him trying to peek in through the windows, never bathe him again, never feed him again......

He's gone. He's left, all that we have now is a little tiny urn and lots of memories.

I miss you Sparkle baby....I really hope you're happy and not suffering anymore. We love you.

No comments: