Tuesday, April 22, 2008

when will I ever learn?

Whenever I look back at the events that have unfolded in my life for the last 3 years I sometimes wonder how I went through everything. I often wonder how I went through those days . . . and how I painstakingly survived a day at a time and came out in one piece.

They say experience makes a person stronger and wiser but I’m not quite sure why I have not at the very least nearly got there? Have I not been taught enough? Or have I not been given enough life changing lessons? But truth to be told – for a long time now I have this nagging fear that the problem lies in me not learning from my mistakes.

I experience but I don’t apply.

I know but I ignore.

I feel but I deny.

I learn but I forget.

Can someone please just smack me on the head?!

No comments: