Tuesday, March 10, 2009

what holiday??!

IT'S SOOOOO STRESSFUL TRYING TO PLAN A FREAKING HOLIDAY!!!!

I just have to rant - it's been a month now that Oscar and I have tried to put together a holiday but it's been such a bitch sorting flights, checking hotels and reviews AND trying to get reservations for a bloody room!!!

I thought this was all a thing of the past when I did all my research last night and forced Oscar to sit with me (well actually I took my laptop and sat next to him as he watched EuroSports and kept saying what do you think of this??! Oscar is hopeless at organising things like this but he likes to make the decision and then say - ahhhhhhhhh I made the right choice. Celaka! -_-) Anyway we decided on Discovery Shores in Boracay. The story is..... some woman from that hotel responded to my inquiry with rates and availability for the dates I indicated. I even patiently worked out the flights - right down to the flight number, time, connecting flights to Caticlan, duration of our transit, everything!!!

So when I got in this morning, I wrote this:

Dear XX

Can you please proceed to book the Junior Suite for us. Checking in 30th April, checking out 5th May (5 nights). I would appreciate it if you can send over some suggestions on what we can do whilst we are there.

Also I understand that our transfer from Caticlan Airport is complimentary and arranged by your hotel? Do we need to just provide flight details then?

Please let us know what else you need from our side.

Thanks
Michelle


I hit "send" and was very excited to get confirmation lah! You see I asked for rates AND availability on these dates and she wrote back with rates and said they were for these rates mah! Means they HAVE rooms, right? I wrote and gave dates and said please confirm rates and availability because I already know when I want to go right? Anyway here's the response:


Dear Ms. Wong,

I am glad to hear that you opted to stay at Discovery Shores Boracay. However, due to peak season, we are running high on occupancy. I regret to inform you that the next available room that I can offer you is our one bedroom suite premiere which is 22,326.00 nett inclusive of service charge and taxes. This room is available until May 04, from May 04; the next available room would be our two bedroom suite which is 24,766.00 nett, and should you wish to transfer on the said date. About your inquiry, land and boat transfers are included in the rate. We would need your flight details as reference for your pick up time.

If you have any further concerns or for reservations, feel free to contact me. I would be most glad to assist you. Thank you very much

Sincerely,
XX


My response:


Dear XX,

I am very disappointed to hear this from you as in my inquiry email I have given the specific dates and you should have informed us about the inavailability when responding to my email instead of sending us a price quotation for every room.

We have spent the whole night working out our holiday last night and your response today has totally turned our holiday around. I do not understand how you'd find a holiday 'memorable" when we have to pack our bags to move in to another room on the last day of our holiday and how you'd find a two bedroom suite suitable.

Michelle


WAH!! I'M SUPER ANGRY OK!!!! FINALLY......when I have sorted flights on SQ and on Philippines Airlines and worked out our timing and routes and leave and all that, this person comes back and say SORRY NOT AVAILABLE?? Super geram!!! There goes my holiday!!

Then after I forwarded the email to Oscar he writes back and say,

"Why don't you also check langkawi babe. Easier journey and I can take my bike....."

Sorry I can't continue this post as I'm going to proceed to pengsan now.

-_-

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't stress on this. Many people answering emails for resorts really don't know what is going on there anyway. You are the type of person who has to plan out everything. I don't blame you. However, go to the island without a plan. Show up around lunchtime and start looking for rooms. Most rooms shouldn't be over 3,000 pesos a night right on the beach. Check out the station 3 area. (I lived on the island for a little over a year)

Demon said...

hows about Redang? hehe...

mishy mashy said...

Hi Chad,

Thanks for your comment. The only reason why we wanted to plan this was because we knew this was peak season and we have agreed that we wanted to stay at a really nice place this time which is why we were looking at the Junior Suite at Discovery Shores. We have decided to shelf Boracay for the time being but will definitely plan again!

mishy mashy said...

Jwan Heah you so smart hor....we are heading to langkawi :) all sorted out!

Demon said...

update la....